Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red White and Blue Strawberries - Super Easy


Whipped these up real fast when I realized I didn't have time to make Fourth of July Cookies



Special equipment:

1. Pastry bag with a coupler and Wilton Tip # 2 OR a Gallon Ziplock Bag

Ingredients:

1. Strawberries
2. White chocolate, white candy melts, or white candy coating
3. Blue candy melts
4. Sanding sugar (optional)
5. Shortening

Directions:

1. Wash strawberries and set them on wax paper on a cookie sheet



2. Melt your white chocolate. Use the microwave or a double boiler


3. Dip the strawberries in and swirl them to coat in chocolate


4. Place them on the wax paper and sprinkle with sanding sugar if you're using it


5. Put your blue candy melt in your pastry bag with coupler but DON'T cut the tip yet. Or put it in your ziplock bag. Again - don't cut the tip. Add about 1 1/2 tsp of shortening to help it glide and melt in microwave

You don't need a lot of candy melts for this - I used what was around my house
6. Squirt out a little to make sure the bag is flowing. Then zig-zag over your strawberries

See my little pile of squiggle in the corner?
7. Repeat with the other blue if you want


DONEZO






And here is my Quickshot I did for Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment